How to Communicate Your Final Wishes to Loved Ones Before a Crisis Strikes
Thursday, April 15, 1-2:30 p.m.
Join us for a free virtual meeting on How to Communicate Your Final Wishes to Loved Ones Before a Crisis Strikes. An Emergency Room visit is not the time to designate a Power of Attorney!
End of life decisions are inevitable. Sooner or later, we all will be faced with this daunting challenge. When the time comes, your family wants to make the right decision. You will learn:
- How to talk with your family and health care professionals about your wishes
- Why timing matters (don't assume you have time)
- Appointing dependable and competent agents
- Reviewing currenty legal documents (do you know the last time they were updated?)
- Hospice and palliative care - know your options!
Hosted by: Dr. Alexander R. Nesbitt, Geriatrician, UPMC Susquehanna, and Julie Steinbacher, Esq., CELA*
* Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation