Planning for the Unexpected: An Intro to Comprehensive Estate Pre-Planning
Wednesday, August 5, 10-11:30 a.m.
Learn the benefits of planning ahead for your second half of life!
Discover the planning strategies associated with leaving an inheritance to your spouse, your children, or your favorite charity. Identify several options in paying nursing home bills and how to better prepare for long-term care costs. Attorney Jenna Franks and Long-Term Care Planner Kristin Daugherty will discuss:
- The estate planning process and important decisions to consider
- Rules about gifting
- Types and uses of trusts
- Relationship between a trust and a will
- Pre-planning results vs. crisis planning options
- Planning for a blended family
- Retirement planning strategies
- Administering a trust or estate
Digging Deeper into Dementia: 6 Tips for Caregivers and Available Care Options
Tuesday, August 11, 1-2:30 p.m.
Don’t allow Alzheimer’s or Dementia to devastate your family and finances!
Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S. Recognize its warning signs and how to alleviate the financial burdens caused by an Alzheimer’s or Dementia diagnosis. Attorney Brittany Smith and Long-Term Care Planner Tammy Zilske will discuss:
- What is Dementia and how do you know if someone has it?
- Dementia’s stages, risk factors and can it be prevented?
- Can Dementia’s progression be diminished?
- Community resources, professionals, and caregiving tips you need to know to contact for help
- How Dementia care can DRAIN your life savings and what to do about it?
- What government benefits are available to pay for your care?
- What caregiving issues will you be facing?
- ACTION STEPS TO TAKE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!
Myth or Truth? The Fact that Affect Your Second Half of Life
Wednesday, August 19, 10-11:30 a.m.
Have you been learning facts or trusting fiction?
In today’s digital world, information comes to us from a variety of sources creating a sense of overload and anxiety. How do you know if the information is accurate and reliable? This seminar will dispel common myths and bring you true legal options in planning ahead for your second half of life. You will learn:
- The most important estate planning document that EVERYONE needs
- Why a living will may not be enough
- The importance of naming trusted beneficiaries
- Types of trusts and effective trust administration
- The 5-year Medicaid look back period and other gifting rules
- How to utilize Medicare and Veterans benefits to pay for long-term care
- Legal and financial strategies to protect your home from an estate recovery claim
The Asset Protection Trust: Its Purpose, Funding & Administration
Thursday, August 27, 1-2:30 p.m.
Learn how a trust can protect your hard-earned assets!
Explore the role of a trust in estate and long-term care planning. Discover how a trust may be able to help you preserve more of your assets for what you want and where you want them to go. Questions to be answered by Brittany and Tammy include:
- Why the need to protect assets and what is the threat?
- How is an asset protection trust different from other types of trusts?
- How does a trust protect assets?
- How is a trust funded and what is put into a trust?
- Who holds the proverbial key to unlocking a trust?
- How is a trust administered?