Myth or Truth: How to Protect Your Assets from Long-Term Care
Tuesday, December 5, 3 pm
Discover the Do's & Don'ts of planning ahead for your second half of life!
You may remember your parents selling their home to you and your siblings for a dollar ($1). s this still a good idea? What happens if there is an unexpected need for a nusing home or rehab stay? Learn the action steps you need to take today, so that your children don't have a mess to clean up after you are gone. Topics to be discussed:
- Asset protection strategies & reasons to use a trust
- The MOST important legal document EVERYONE needs
- Planning to an unexpected healthcare crisis & leaving a lasting legacy
- How to pay for nursing home care & the Medicaid 5-year look back
- Navigating an Alzheimer's or dementia diagnosis
- Gifting rules, tax considerations & much more!
Hosted by: Jenna L. Franks, Esq., Kristin Daugherty, Long-Term Care Planner, Certified Medicaid Planner™, & Erik A. Ross, Esq.
Location: Six & Kane Building, 3rd Floor, 63 N Fraley. St., Kane